Whole House Water Filter
Turn on Better Water, at Every Faucet— Advanced South Dakota Water Filtration from Mitchell's Best Whole Home Water Filters
Lower utility bills, improve appliance function, protect plumbing, and more, with water filter solutions for the whole home.
Mitchell’s tap water, and that of the surrounding area, comes from the Missouri River — more specifically, via two different treatment plants that source water from the river and deliver it to homes and businesses. This means the water we drink and use in our homes can be impacted by surface water issues like agricultural and industrial contamination, as well as environmental factors, like seasonal algae blooms or flood debris.
While the Missouri River is a plentiful source for drinking water, the nature of this kind of water supply also means water quality can be easily compromised. Mitchell water requires multiple layers municipal treatment, which can impact water quality in its own right, and may not leave behind the most pleasant side effects.
Water Quality Issues In Mitchell Area
Surface water supplies, like rivers, often note water quality issues like:
- Cloudy, turbid, or discolored water, usually reddish or brownish
- Noticeable and sometimes unpleasant water odors like sulfur, metals, or chlorine
- Rust-colored or blue/green stains or spots
- Stains on dishes, fixtures, laundry, sinks, tubs and more
Using river water also increases the potential for contamination because the natural filtering process that takes place with groundwater doesn’t take place. Around Mitchell this can often manifest as:
- Microbial contamination like viruses and bacteria contaminating the river from septic systems
- Flooding and stormwater runoff that can increase the concentrations of salts and metals in the water
- Chemicals and byproducts from industrial and farming activity can easily enter the water supply during heavy rains
- Pesticides and herbicides from homes and farms naturally run downstream into the river
How Contaminants Affect Your Home and Family
Surface water problems in Mitchell can cause more than just drinking water issues. Untreated water can impact your home and in some cases, even your health. Water with added contaminants can react with plumbing causing it to corrode more easily, or leach additional materials into your water. Additionally, these contaminants can sometimes exacerbate certain health conditions, contributing to some cancers especially among children, the elderly, and pregnant women.
Mitchell Water Quality
Depending on where you live in Mitchell, your water may contain a variety of contaminants at various levels. These specific contaminants, and their levels, can change seasonally with the river quality, so it’s a good idea to have your water tested, and retested. If the conditions at your tap change, or if it’s been longer than six months, then it’s time to have your tap water tested.
Learn more about the home benefits of a Culligan® Whole House Water Filter!
Every liquid has a pH, including your home’s water
- Whether the pH is too high or too low, it can have damaging affects on your water
Iron is one of the most common types of problem water and can leave your fixtures and tubs with rust stains. Culligan has solutions geared towards removing the iron from your water. Find out which solution is right for your home!
Self explanatory, blue and green stains in your tubs and sinks
- Often caused by low pH levels in your water
Water should be clear, if not why would you drink it?
- The only way to find out what’s making your water the wrong color is with a water analysis
- Did you know Culligan offers a Free Water Analysis?
If your laundry is coming out of the washer with stains, it could be your water
- Iron is just one of the possible reasons for your water damaging your clothes
- Don’t ruin your favorite shirt, get your water tested!
Water may smell musty or sometimes described as fishy
- This can be caused by iron and copper in your home’s water
Get your water tested to determine what’s causing your water to smell
All major cities in South Dakota and across the Northeast use filtration and treatment chemicals, like chlorine, to make sure water is safe to drink and use at home. This treatment is used to keep water safe, but it doesn’t always mean that it catches everything that can contaminate your water, or that it can keep pace with providing the best water quality, or the best-tasting tap water.
Solutions from Whole Home Water Filtration
Regardless of the type of contaminants or treatment chemicals your Mitchell water may experience, whole home water filtration can provide an reliable, efficient solution that delivers results everywhere in the home.
Tailored specifically for Mitchell's surface water needs, whole home water filters from Culligan solve the toughest water problems— from potentially harmful contamination to unpleasant taste or odor, staining, and buildup.
Whole home water treatment also provides consistent water quality throughout your house, so the water you drink and use — from the bathroom and laundry room to the kitchen and even the sprinklers — is the highest quality. Our total home water filtration systems are customized to your home, and its water quality needs, so you get the best possible water quality, day in and day out.
Benefits of Whole Home Water Filtration:
In addition to better-tasting, higher-quality water from every faucet, whole home water filtration:
- Protects against a variety of contamination issues, giving you safe, fresh water.
- Helps reduce utilities cost by improving appliance efficiency.
- Protects plumbing and fixtures from hard water buildup.
- Softens wate which saves you money on personal care and cleaning products like soaps, shampoos, and detergents.
- Helps skin, hair, and nails feel softer and healthier.
- Softens laundry while helping it look newer and last longer.
- Simplifies cleaning so there’s no more scrubbing away after buildup, water spots, and residue.
The Culligan Difference
We’ve served South Dakota for over 80 years. During that time we’ve learned how to solve water problems unique to Mitchell and its surrounding areas. This experience with the water and the region helps us diagnose water issues at home, so we can find the best whole home water filtration system for your home’s specific needs.
- Get the most out of your water filter with professional installation and routine maintenance to ensure maximum efficiency for the life of your filter.
- Water tests are always free, and your local Culligan Man will review the results with you to identify water issues and customize the right solution for your home.
- Culligan of Mitchell is always here to help with service questions as well as maintenance, repairs, and more, for worry-free customer service.
Find the widest selection of hard-working, high-efficiency whole home water filtration systems.